Grade Level Goals and Expectations
Our system of grading is based on the Orange
County Public School Alphabetic System of for Elementary Schools:
S = Satisfactory
W= Working towards the goal
N= Needs improvement
Additionally, if a student receives an N or a U, on any of their paperwork, it must be signed by a parent and returned.
In first grade, we use a goal sheet that is sent home with each report card.
This gives you an idea of what the expectations are, based on the time of the year. It also allows you to track your student's growth.
1st Grade Goals and Expectations
4th Nine Weeks
Leveled Reading Assessment
Below are the grade level expectations for each nine weeks.
1st Nine Weeks…Level E
2nd Nine Weeks…Level F
3rd Nine Weeks…Level H
4th Nine Weeks…Level J
Your child will be tested on the 1st grade sight word list each nine weeks. Below are the expectations for each nine weeks.
1st Nine Weeks…33 Words
2nd Nine Weeks…99 Words
3rd Nine Weeks…141 Words
4th Nine Weeks…198 Words
- Capitalization and punctuation
- Writing in complete sentences
- Writing paragraphs with an introduction and conclusion
- Including a beginning, middle, and end
- Using finger spaces between words
- Adding details
Below are concepts and skills that have been introduced and assessed during the fourth quarter. Please review the skills at home over the summer to keep them fresh in your child’s mind! J
Fractions: Dividing whole shapes into halves and fourths.
- Measurement: Comparing and ordering objects by length.
- Measurement: Measuring length to the nearest inch using a ruler.
- Addition: Adding tens and ones to any double-digit number.
- Addition: Double-digit addition with and without regrouping.
- Subtraction: Subtracting tens and ones from any double-digit number.
- Subtraction: Double-digit subtraction without regrouping.