Our system of grading is based on the Orange
County Public School Alphabetic System of for Elementary Schools:
S = Satisfactory
W= Working towards the goal
N= Needs improvement
Additionally, if a student receives an N or a U, on any of their paperwork, it must be signed by a parent and returned.
In first grade, we use a goal sheet that is sent home with each report card. This gives you an idea of what the expectations are, based on the time of the year. It also allows you to track your student's growth.
1st Grade Goals and Expectations
1st Nine Weeks
Leveled Reading Assessment
Below are the grade level expectations for each nine weeks.
1st Nine Weeks…Level E
2nd Nine Weeks…Level F
3rd Nine Weeks…Level H
4th Nine Weeks...Level J
Your child will be tested on the 1st grade sight word list each nine weeks. Below are the expectations for each nine weeks.
1st Nine Weeks… Words
2nd Nine Weeks… Words
3rd Nine Weeks… Words
4th Nine Weeks... Words
Capitalization and punctuation
Writing in complete sentences
Writing paragraphs with an introduction and conclusion
Including a beginning, middle, and end
Using finger spaces between words
Math Below are concepts and skills that have been introduced and assessed during the first quarter. Please review the skills at home to prepare for any testing. J
· Addition: making 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10
· Addition: changing the order of the addends
· Addition: adding doubles and near-doubles to 12
· Subtraction: finding missing parts of 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10
· Addition number sentences and subtraction number sentences (equations/ problems)
· Addition and subtraction number stories (word problems)