Planning & Zoning Department
On Thursday, March 19, the Town Commission approved a resolution declaring a State of Emergency due to the threat of coronavirus disease (COVID-19.) The resolution is available online.
Therefore, in following social distancing guidance from the CDC and Florida Department of Health, the following protocols will go into effect beginning Friday, March 20, 2020 until further notice:
- The Town of Oakland Planning & Zoning Department Offices will be limiting its hours for in-person service starting Friday, March 20, 2020.
- Hours of operation will be limited to 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday for pick up and payment of permits and drop-off of new permit applications.
- The public is strongly encouraged to call in credit card payments between these operating hours to 407-656-1117 ext. 2105 or bring a check made payable to the Town of Oakland.
- Permit Requirements are available online at www.oaklandfl.gov/876/Building-Permit-Information. If you have any questions, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commercial and new construction must include a digital copy via disc or thumb drive and appropriate hard copies for the Building Official to review and must be dropped off at the Planning & Zoning Department, 301 N. Tubb St. Suite 114, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The below are the ONLY permit types that may be submitted via email as a PDF to email@example.com:
- Air Conditioning
- Interior Renovations /Alterations (Please Call PDCS, LLC at (407) 277-9795)
- Windows / Doors
- When your permit is ready, you will be notified directly by the Town of Oakland via email.
- Comprehensive Planning
- Land Development Regulations/Zoning Code
- Transportation Planning
- Building Permit Processing
- Geographic Information Systems (Mapping)
- Economic and Demographic Research
- Special Grant Applications