Solid Waste and Recycling
Town of Oakland 2-1-1 Collection Program
The Town has contracted Solid Waste and Recycling Services with Advanced Disposal. Household waste is collected twice a week, yard waste is collected once a week, and recycling is collected once a week. For questions or concerns regarding large items pickup, please call Advanced Disposal at 407-464-0664. If you have a concern or complaint about your service, please contact the Town at 407-656-1117 x2100.
Collected Tuesday and Friday
- DO NOT mix recyclables, hazardous waste, or yard waste with your household waste
- Automobile parts; hazardous waste; and freon-containing devices, such as freezers and refrigerators, are not included in your curbside collection program
- Large items such as furniture, appliances, mattresses, and up to 4 automobile tires or pickup truck tires are collected on your second household garbage collection day (Friday) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Items in designated recycle bins will be collected by the recycling truck. Do not use plastic bags for recycling. If your recycling bin is full, put the excess recyclables into brown paper grocery bags or cardboard boxes no larger than the size of a recycling bin. Excess newspapers and magazines may be stacked and tied with string. The Town encourages you to recycle the following items:
- Newspapers, pasteboard (e.g., cereal boxes, empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls, and shoe boxes), brown paper bags, flattened corrugated cardboard boxes, phone books, magazines, catalogs, junk mail (unopened or opened envelopes), and office paper (does not include shredded paper).
- Flattened cardboard may be placed next to the recycling bin and should be no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Aluminum and tin cans, glass bottles and jars, drink boxes and milk/juice cartons, empty aerosol cans, plastic containers with a #1 or #2 symbol on the bottom, and plastic bottles with a neck and #3 or #7 symbol on the bottom. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Yard Waste collection is for all vegetative landscaping material, grass, and tree and shrub trimmings. It is not for the removal of wood debris generated as a result of tree removals, whether by a homeowner or a contractor.
- Bundle tree and shrub clippings into lengths of 5 feet or less, or place into a container that can be lifted by an adult.
- Remember the weight limit for bundle, container, or a single item must not exceed 50 pounds
- Consider tying the bundles with string or twine, as it is very much appreciated because it makes it much easier for Advanced Disposal employees to lift up and into the truck @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Place material out after 6:00p.m. the night before or by 6:00a.m. the day of collection to be sure you do not miss the collection truck.
- Place material within 3 feet of the curb
- Remove containers from the curb within 12 hours after pickup
- DO NOT MIX yard waste, household waste, and recyclables
- Containers, bundles, and bins must weigh less than 50 pounds when full
- Container capacity must not exceed 50 gallons
- Material not set out properly will be tagged
- If your recycle bin is damaged or destroyed please contact Town Hall at 407-656-1117 ext. 2100 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>